This dish is good for two servings - so either two people for one night, or two nights for one person. A perfect weekend recipe.
- Boxed couscous with toasted pine nuts and spices (my favorite brand says it serves 2.5)
- 1/4 cup of salami per serving, sliced into squares about the size of a penny
- 1/4 cup of cheese per serving, slice into squares like the salami
- 1/4 cup of raisins per serving
- 1/4 cup of roasted and unsalted cashews
- The more prep you do at home, the faster this dish can be ready in the field. But its not a demand - so if you want to spend 15 minutes doing all the chopping and sorting, then go for it.
- Start the stove to boil water.
- Divide the couscous into two servings, and put a serving of couscous and spice pack in a bowl.
- Add hot water. Give it five minutes, then look and add more - you want the couscous to be wet (so you can see water between the grains), but not soupy.
- Add the 1/4 cups of salami, cheese, raisins and cashews. If you add it immediately after the hot water, it will warm up too. If you add it before the hot water, the cheese will get all sticky and surrounding couscous will be crunchy.
- Let it sit for a few more minutes, then stir and serve.
Enjoy! If you prepped everything before heading out, this dish can be ready 10 minutes after lighting the stove. I really like how the only clean up is my bowl and spoon. This has become my go-to meal, that I can eat trip after trip.