More than two-thirds of my trips are considered "private" bookings. These rates do not include taxes or gratuity.
Half-Day Trips - typically only available for Snoqualmie Valley Rock Climbs. Can be applied in other locations when added to a multi-day trip.
- 1:1 - $216 per person per day
- 2:1 - $141 per person per day
- 3:1 - $117 per person per day
- 4:1 - $87 per person per day
Local Day Trips - applies to Snoqualmie Valley and Snoqualmie Pass, essentially the I-90 Interstate between Seattle and Snoqualmie Pass.
- 1:1 - $360 per person per day
- 2:1 - $235 per person per day
- 3:1 - $195 per person per day
- 4:1 - $145 per person per day
Standard Trips - for all other destinations outside of Snoqualmie Valley and Snoqualmie Pass, and all overnight trips.
- 1:1 - $380 per person per day
- 2:1 - $270 per person per day
- 3:1 - $220 per person per day
- 4:1 - $165 per person per day
Extreme Days - day that consist of more than 10 hours of movement, often up to 14. Depending on travel and logistics, I may require two Standard days instead of one extreme day.
- 1:1 - $570 per person per day
- 2:1 - $405 per person per day
- 1:1 - $580 per person per day
- 2:1 - $320 per person per day
- 3:1 - $250 per person per day
- 4:1 - $180 per person per day
The rates listed above are for informational use. The final price may differ due to the differences amongst the guide services I work for or with to provide such wide area of service. Taxes are not included in the rates listed above and other fees may exist, depending on location. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.
For all destinations greater than 60 miles from Seattle, an additional fee for my travel may be necessary. Many guide services add this to their rates, but I've chosen to keep it separate so that it may be divided evenly between guests, and adjustable to reflect carpooling - which I try to do whenever possible and schedule permitting. This travel fee is a second charge and may be payable to the guide service we book with or directly to me, depending on venue. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.
My rate does not include providing food for my guests - I've found just too many differences in tastes and preferences.
The rate does include all group camping and climbing equipment: tents, stoves, stove fuel, pots, climbing ropes, and climbing protection. The rate does not include personal camping and climbing equipment.
Tipping has become an ingrained part of the American service industry, and guiding isn't an exception. Gratuity is not included in any of my rates. If you have questions or would like suggestions about how to tip your guide, please contact me.
Deposits, Refunds, and Cancelations
- Deposits, domestic trips: A 20% deposit is needed to secure your booking, and full payment is needed 30 days prior to your trip.
- Deposits, International trips: A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking, and full payment is needed 60 days prior to your trip.
- Cancelation, domestic trips: If you cancel before the 30 day mark, half of your deposit (10% of the total) is non-refundable. If you cancel between 30 and 11 days prior to your trip, the entire deposit amount (20%) is non-refundable. If you cancel at 10 days or less prior to your trip, the entire amount is forfeited and there is no refund, as it is very unlikely I can schedule other work in such a short time.
- Cancelation, International trips: If you cancel before the 60 day mark, half of your deposit or $500.00, whichever is less, is non-refundable. If you cancel between 60 and 31 days prior to your trip, the entire deposit amount (50%) is non-refundable. If you cancel at 30 days or less prior to your trip, the entire amount is forfeited and there is no refund, as it is very unlikely I will be able to refill your reservation in such a short time.
- If I cancel for any reason other than weather or avalanche conditions, you will get a full refund.
- I reserve the right to change the itinerary as needed due to unforeseen circumstances, weather conditions, or political uncertainties. If that is not possible or agreeable, I make a good-faith effort to reschedule domestic trips once within the next three months, but I cannot guarantee rescheduling in all instances. Weather and avalanche hazard are an inherent part of the mountain and wilderness experience, and we all get "skunked" now and again!
- PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE!! I cannot encourage strongly enough that you get trip insurance! Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance with this.