Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing - Leavenworth
Leavenworth is just far enough away from Seattle - 2:30 hours - to make it a perfect weekend destination. There's plenty of cabins for rent, hotel rooms, or camping areas. If you're interested in climbing here, taking a couple of days to do it is ideal.
Multi-pitch rock climbing is the logical next step after learning about trad climbing. Route-finding, managing the rope, dealing with anchors - learning these details means you'll get to spend more time climbing, and less time dealing with getting off-route, tangling the ropes, and wondering if your anchor is going to hold a fall.
Leavenworth is the perfect venue for this. With shorter approaches, we'll spend more time climbing and less time hiking.
- R & D Route on Icicle Buttress, II 5.6
- Groundhog Day on February Buttress, II 5.7
- Givler's Crack on Givler's Dome, II 5.8
- Orbit on Snow Creek Wall, III 5.8
- Yard Art on Peak-A-Boo Tower, II 5.9
- Outerspace on Snow Creek Wall, III 5.9
- Heart of Gold on Duty Dome, III 5.10a
- Condorphamine Addiction on Condor Buttress, III 5.10b
These climbs are available all spring, summer and fall. Max ratio - 2:1.
I'm able to offer these trips in cooperation with the Northwest Mountain School. Rates may be slightly different than what I advertise.